Triathlon season is about to start and a lot of you out there might already be participating in these fun events. If not, look up the triathlon series that cater for all ages and abilities! Go to http://triserieswa.com.au/ to find out which race would suit you best- starting at novice distances (250m swim, 10km ride and 2km run) all the way up to standard distances (1500m swim, 40km ride and 10km run).
It is important to stay fit throughout training and here are some tips to ensure this:
- Gradual increases in training are easier on the body
- Supportive cushioning shoes and correct equipment can help people go the distance
- Stretching/foam rolling and warm up helps prevent injury
- Cooling down is also important!
- Know the difference between Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness (DOMS) and a soft tissue injury
- If you do get injured, apply RICE and not HARM
RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation
HARM: Heat, Alcohol, Running, Massage
- Get seen to if you think you might be injured to help speed up your recovery and rule out anything serious
Please contact us on 9301 4711 if you would like to book an appointment or find out more information.
Laura Cruz - http://www.joondalupphysiotherapy.com.au